Thursday, March 16, 2006

Still, Hallelujah!




Still, Hallelujah!

- The Savior, our God who are Hiding Behind!‘s Greetings.


The sermons in this book are the ones that I announced in my church from winter 2000 to autumn 2001 when I was so miserable in the body and mind. (Although the sermons were trampled and denounced by some people at those days, yet I tried my best to keep the original messages on my homepage if changing the sequence so that mine may face judgment once again by the whole people)

Originally, the sermons were expecting to be published as the 3rd book of ‘Surviving Without Dying’ series.

But changing the order of publication, I put it out as the second book. While the audience who listened to what I preached were only my family and 2~3 others, I tried my best to proclaim and teach my theology over which I studied meditated agonized and was moved in my own way.

In last 10 years, I have liked such theologians as G. von Rad, Paul D. Hanson, John Bright, BW Anderson, Doctor Kim Jeongjun, Professor Kim Yigon. And I have studied by myself the books that these writers wrote.

Among these, I more like the theological ideas of G. von Rad, Doctor Kim Jeongjun, and Professor Kim Yigon. And these three have some similar context. Because I particularly like the theological ideas and books of Professor Kim Yigon, there are a few copies found in my sermons.
Even if not having copied or quoted, I sometimes use the theological words that they often use in spite of myself.

Granting that my sermons may have been unfamiliar, queer, troublesome, and strange in the eyes of most Korean ministers and Christians, yet I wrote them based upon my diligent study of my own.
I was never among demonstrators as a student. But through theological study of my own, my historical and social consciousness has grown to take form in my belated days.

I think culture is creature of the times, and simultaneously the heart that leads the times. Because of this, I take it for granted that historical consciousness, social consciousness, situation of the times, reinterpretation, conveyance of meaning and application are emphasized in the sermons that lead the culture of Christianity.

With the attachment that I can plant the spirit of Good News on the minds of the audience only through that, I am writing down these sermons of my own.



Wailing Freeman, Minister Youm Sangmyoung....at the Korea.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home